Dr. Shirley's Greek Courses
GR 491 - Directed Study of the Greek Language
The schedule is flexible : class will meet at least once a week, when the students will translate and discuss assigned passages of Greek.
During the first class session there will be a discussion of suitable passages for study during the semester, and a tentative schedule will be prepared in consultation with the students.
Suitable texts would be :
- Selections from Homer
- Selections from the classical Greek authors
- Selections from the Septuagint
- Selections from the Pseudepigrapha and Apocrypha
- selections from the New Testament
- Selections from the writings of the Early Church Fathers
- Selections to show the development of the Greek language, from ancient times to the present day.
Copyright © 1999 Shirley J. Rollinson, all Rights Reserved
Department of Religion
Portales, NM 88130
Last Updated: January 8, 2007